Dean is doing great. Growing so fast. He's already in carters 3mo clothing and in 3 months in many other brands too. He was able to wear some newborn outfits but not many.He is sleeping pretty well at night - for example last night he slept from 2:30-7am and then from 8-11. On most nights he's asleep by 12 or 1, but last night was a bit of an adventure for the True Farm.
Andrew was decorating the tree and taking care of fussy Dean and I let the dogs outside and went back to finish making the bed. I was putting the sheets on when I smelled the most awful smell - burnt rubber like mixed with...oh no...SKUNK!
Running to the front door hollering for Turner (Grace was at the door). And he comes trotting around the corner salvating and drooling like he had something nasty in his mouth - he did - skunk spray. It was all over his chest and hip - even got some on his face. Never knew skunk spray was yellow!! It was 30 degrees outside so I tried putting him in his room (which is also the office) - eaw nope that smell was so strong I couldn't even google how to remove the skunk odor. So poor Turner miserable and smelly had to spend 20 minutes on the deck while Andrew drove to Walmart and I fed Dean and googled a skunk off recipe (hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dish detergent). This recipe worked GREAT and is mythbusters tested!!
2 scrubbings later, a trashed t-shirt, dog blanket and dog towel or two; (not even putting that skunk oil in my washer! can you imagine skunked cloth diapers!) Turner, now smells much better. I think my house smells OK, but I still get wiffs of that awful smell. Skunky if I find you...you gonna be a dead skunk!
I'd like Turner to know that he should stay away from black and white critters - they are not kitties and do not play nice. He was so sad last night - knew he'd messed up. On the up and up - his white fur has never been whiter - the recipe really got him clean!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.