Thursday, August 8, 2013

Things I've Made: Trainers, Nursing Cover and Burp Cloth

Cotton nursing cover with adjustable metal snaps neck strap and two bamboo velour pockets. The bamboo velour pocket can also be used for any needed cleaning - it is buttery soft and super absorbent.




Matching bamboo velour burp cloth - with Erin's pocket design. The 'patent pending' pocket cloth lays over your shoulder and when baby spits up it doesn't run onto your shirt/pants/chair/etc. The bamboo velour will absorb a lot and anything that runs will be caught by the pocket! Now I need 10 of these.


Improved trainers/underwear - I combined a couple patterns and improved the finishing on the inside and the ribbing. I can make the waist with just cotton interlock (green, orange and white dinosaur pair) or I can add elastic (gray/white pair). Both are easy for Dean to pull up and down. Instead of sewing all the absorbent bamboo velour into the undies I've made a removable insert - just like cloth pocket diapers. These can hold an entire accident without leaking, although they are not waterproof - only cotton and velour. He can feel he's wet ;) They wash and dry better because the layers are separate. They will last longer because I can remove the insert and they are just like underwear!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.